[TR] Getting oil stain off an asphalt driveway

Subject: [TR] Getting oil stain off an asphalt driveway
From: "Mo and Dave MacKay" <m.d.mackay@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 20:26:23 -0400
While my home (and garage) are being renovated, a neighbour allowed me to
park my TR3A on his newly paved (only 2-3 years ago) asphalt driveway. I
parked my car over there and put my trusty old metal pan underneath it to
catch any drips. Unfortunately the pan leaked and left a fairly large oil
stain.

As soon as I noticed the oil, I mopped it up and tamped kitty litter on it.
It didn't seem to make a difference. I've tried detergents, householder
cleaners, and special grease cutters (like CHOMP). None seem to be doing any
good.

What would list members recommend for getting an oil stain off an asphalt
driveway?

Regards,

Dave MacKay

1960 TR3A s/n 68639L(O)