RE: [TR] '74 TR6 over heating

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] '74 TR6 over heating
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:26:50 +0000
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>

> Then if they give the cooling system a clean bill of health but it still
> blows coolant, you can go on to what I suspect might be the problem ... a
>leaking head gasket. They can check for that as well, for a slight additional
>charge.

As Randall stated, it could be a head gasket issue. I have seen several TR6
head gasket failures where the exhaust gases leaked into, pressurized and
overheated the cooling system, with no telltale white smoke out of the exhaust.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL

===     http://www.vtr.org