Re: [TR] '74 TR6 over heating

To: Mitch Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] '74 TR6 over heating
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:53:29 +0000
From: Mitch Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
> 3) Proper mix of anti-freeze 50/50. More than a 50/50 mix can lower the
> boiling temp of the system.

No.  Boiling point goes up and up.  *Freezing* point turns around and rises at
more than 60%(?).  More than a 50/50 mix causes the heat capacity, or
conductivity, of the coolant to suffer.  It won't boil over, it just won't cool
as well, so don't overdo the glycol.

> Electric fan additions is a
> popular solution to hot day traffic jams. Pusher or puller work fine for
> me. I have not seen any real differences in performance between the two.

Pusher works fine for me.  Most of the time car movement and original fan
handles it nicely, but traffic jams or street-rod cruising needs the electric,
which pulls the temp right down.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,

===     http://www.vtr.org