Re: [TR] Copper brake lines.

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Copper brake lines.
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 23:06:17 +0100
Hi Randall
I have both a copper rich tubing and Cunifer brand tubing, and both are
about the same difficulty to work with using a Sykes Pickavant brake flaring
tool that has a lever action (expensive) as opposed to the wind up flare
tools for a few quid! I have made many replacement pipes for various cars
both clutch and brake, I only use the copper rich for clutches despite it
being labelled as brake pipe. The copper rich tube is easier to bend than
the Cunifer but only slightly, and both are equally easy to kink if you try
to pull too tight a bend, though I would agree it is more likely to kink
steel tube than the copper.

Graham.