Re: [TR] Early TR4 - Front Brake Calipers

To: "Bob Labuz" <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Early TR4 - Front Brake Calipers
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:07:11 -0400
Hi Bob,
Just did this today on my TR3A. First fit the seal and coat it with brake
fluid to help the piston to slide more easily. Don't put the dust cap on
yet. Insert the piston allowing enough of the piston to stay above the
caliper casing. Attach the dust cover at this point. Make sure you put it on
right side up. I used the blunt end of a dental pick to apply pressure to
the edge of the boot so it would enter the groove in the piston.
Alex
72 TR6
59 TR3A