RE: [TR] Loom Q's

To: jgillis@tcd.ie, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Loom Q's
From: "David Gunn" <ccgunn1010@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:04:31 -0700
I guess that I am at a similar point as you, as I am planning on putting in
my new loom this weekend.  I have TS3388L, for reference.  Mine is a left
hand drive car.  My original loom came from the front of the car on the
right (passenger) side, and traveled to the rear at the corner between the
floor pan and door sill, over the hump for the rear axle (between the gas
tank and side wall), and then back to the right rear light.  I don't exactly
recall the location between the rear lights(although I seem to remember that
they ran along the floor of the boot), so I am also curious as to any

My car has the tabs, which hold down the loom, on both sides, so your loom,
in a right hand drive car, may very well go on your passenger side;
although, it may also depend on where your electricals (voltage regulator,
etc.) are in the engine bay.  Mine are on the right side.  The location of
the voltage regulator, and length of the appropriate wires in your loom, may
dictate where it goes.

I was planning on starting the run at the voltage regulator, as that seems
to be one fixed point.

David Gunn
54 TR2 TS 3388L
Chico, CA