[TR] Using a fuel gage as the basis for a voltmeter for my TR4

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Using a fuel gage as the basis for a voltmeter for my TR4
From: "Chris Simonsen" <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:02:22 -0400
Jim Wallace and I have been looking to swap out our amp meters for a
basically stock looking voltmeter.

Just not finding what we like.  Lots of guages out there just not a Jaeger
or Lucas one that matches.

In jest,  I told Jim I should put my Electrical engineering degree into use
and convert the amp meter to a volt meter.

Then I realized the gas guage is already a voltmeter.  Besides I want to
keep the Amp meter around so I have all the original bits for the car. The
next owner may want all original parts back on it.

I have a friend in the silkscreening business that could probably do a
decent job with the guage face.

Anyone ever tried this?  Sound reasonable?

Anyone got a donor fuel guage for me to experiement with?  Please let me
know offline what you want for it.

Thanks!!!

Chris

63 TR4