[TR] O/D issues

To: bamxn@triad.rr.com
Subject: [TR] O/D issues
From: "James R. Holekamp" <jholekamp@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 09:56:43 -0500
Greetings Bruce,

If the solenoid will not operate in 3rd / 4th gear, but will in 2nd,
your problem is likely associated w/ the 3rd / 4th GBX switch.  Perhaps
the GBX switch is not being moved enough by the shift mechanism to
make.  Try jumpering across the switch and see what happens. If you get
to the point in the diagnosis chain of needing to know what pressure the
O/D oil pump is making, I can supply an O/D oil pressure gauge - details
at:

http://tinyurl.com/505s

brgds, Jay

'64 Triumph TR4 since '67