Re: [TR] TR4 Wire Wheel Adapter Removal

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Wire Wheel Adapter Removal
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:58:35 -0700 (PDT)
I usually cut a piece of 2 x 4 to fit between the floor and the adaptor nut,
with the nut being at around 9:00.  This leaves another nut on top that I can
wrench toward the 2 x 4.  As each nut loosens, rotate and prop the 2 x 4 on the
next nut.  The same procedure can be used to tighten the nuts, putting the 2 x
4 on the other side of the hub (3:00 position.)

  Jim
  '67 TR-4A
  '68 GT6
  http://www.geocities.com/britishiron2000

Ian <Lbc.Resto@comcast.net> wrote:
  I had a hard enough time removing the rear W/W adapters and am now stuck on
the front ones. What is the best way to remove them when the car is up on
jack stands?

Thanks
Ian
62 TR4