Re: [TR] Re: What should the new Triumph look like?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: What should the new Triumph look like?
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:50:13 -0700 (PDT)
Well, the new Z4 coupe sure looks like my GT6 to me :-)

Any car they produce will have to work in both hardtop and convertible
versions. As much as I love my 4A, I think that there might be a
real market opportunity for a cut-down door car like the 3 ... if
they could pull it off and meet current safety requirements.
That's going to be very very tough, especially side intrusion.

We have a new Mini, a convertible. It's a great car. They did
an amazing job with it, and managed to stay true to the original
styling cues while increasing the size by about 30%. Very clever.
I'm not sure how you do that with a TR3 - or even a 6. Or how
you keep a usable trunk and back storage area in a modern
convertible! I have gone on multi-week road trips in my 4A, with
gear for multiple activities - that's tough to do in the Mini
and impossible to do in a Miata.

The convertibles of the 60s were ... almost practical. No more.
Now they're just toys.

===     http://www.vtr.org