[TR] voltage stabilizer

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] voltage stabilizer
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:20:11 -0400
For what it's worth, I learned something today a lot of you certainly already
know.

I'd purchased a used TR4 electric temperature gauge for my '59 TR3A.  With it
came the voltage stabilizer.

I learned from Dave at TRF today, however, that these were typically positive
ground. I have a negative ground car.  What's happening is, my temp gauge is
reading at the top end (super hot)...before I start the car.  Moreover, since
I hooked up my regular TR3 fuel gauge to the stabilizer too, and now it reads
at the completely full level without a drop of gas in the tank, I'm worried I
fried it.

I've ordered a later model negative ground voltage stabilizer. We'll see what
it cures.  Any ideas?

Terry Smith ('59 TR3A Frame off done; polishing touches now; cruised it a
while at 3500 driving home tonight, love this car!)
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org