RE: [TR] emissions

To: <FordneyNJ@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] emissions
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:58:17 -0700
> I recently
> purchased a 1980 TR7.

Welcome to the list, Rodney.

> The state of New Jersey was nice enough to
> fail the car for
> emissions when they couldn't find the cat.  While looking for it,
> they opened
> the bonnet.  Oops, also missing the smog pump and piping to the
> check valve
> and EGR pipe and the fitting to the intake manifold. Anyone out
> there have any
> of these parts?

I don't, but I may be seeing a friend this weekend that might.  I'll pass
the request along, if you're willing to mess with shipping from California.

FWIW, some states run a "emission parts locator service".  You might check
into whether NJ offers that or not.  In CA, if they can't find the part, you
get an exemption to having it.

It's also against the law to sell a car with the emissions parts missing, so
depending on the laws in NJ, the seller may be responsible for at least part
of the cost of repairing your "tampered" car.  Here in CA, it's even the
seller's responsibility to provide a current smog inspection.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org