Re: [TR] TR3a cardboard radiator air deflector

To: "Jim Wallace" <grandfatherjim@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3a cardboard radiator air deflector
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:24:45 -0700
Subject: [TR] TR3a cardboard radiator air deflector

> Car has been apart for many years; could someone please guide me as to how
> the "air scoop" is mounted? Specifically, does it mount totally to the
> apron
> so that it comes away from the car when the apron is removed?
> Thanks,
> Jim Wallace
> 2TS81417L + O

Jim, if I remember correctly, the air deflector is only attached by the
bumper upright supports that go through the grill. These go through a hole
in the deflector and are bolted to the inner fender. I've yet take the apron
off myself, but it appears as though it could come off and leave the
deflector in place, but not attached to anything.  I think these are all
after market items, so different suppliers could have fashioned them
differently.
Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org