RE: [TR] TR3a cardboard radiator air deflector

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3a cardboard radiator air deflector
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:03:45 -0700
> Jim, if I remember correctly, the air deflector is only attached by the
> bumper upright supports that go through the grill.

Although that is the way mine is installed, I have an early 3A that the factory
did not equip with the deflector (meaning I did the original installation
myself).  But somewhere, I've seen a diagram that shows 4 sheet metal screws
through the deflector and into the 'shelf' behind the grille.

> I think these are all
> after market items, so different suppliers could have fashioned them
> differently.

The factory did add the air duct to later TR3As, to help reduce overheating.
Without it, too much air spills around the sides of the radiator.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org