[TR] Timing Chain Noise

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Timing Chain Noise
From: "Skip Gurnee" <skip47@powernet.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:44:08 -0700
>Sorry, all,  but the only TR3A engine I've heard is mine.  I don't have the
>sound deadner on the timing chain cover.  What exactly is the sound like in
>such cases, so I'm sure I'm recognizing it for what it is?

Terry-
You can isolate the noise with a LONG screwdriver which you hold (preferably
the handle end) on the bone near your ear, and the other end on the timing
chain cover.  You'll hear the noise get louder as you get closer.  It's also a
good way to isolate a tapping valve, or other anomalies like bearings, etc.
Best,
Skip Gurnee
64 TR4, 66 TR4A, 67 TR4A

===     http://www.vtr.org