[TR] Italia temp gauges

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Italia temp gauges
From: Jamie Palmer <tr6driver@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:28:18 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Having owned two, and still owning #317 (TSF524LCO, the next car in line to the
one on eBay), I'm pretty sure that the capillary temperature gauge in my car
when I got it with 27k original miles was the original gauge.  The only
difference between Italia gauges and the TR3 gauges I see is that the oil
pressure and temp are in metric units.

BTW, Italias have their own radiator, sourced in Italy and slightly taller than
a TR3 and without the crank hole.  IF the aluminum air deflector panels are in
place, they tend to run about as cool as a 3 while driving, and in traffic are
very similar to a 3.

I'm on the digest and don't get to check e-mail every day, so sorry if this is
too late to contribute.

Jamie Palmer
'63 Italia #317
'72 TR6