Re: [TR] Tire Date Codes (w/secret decoder ring application)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Tire Date Codes (w/secret decoder ring application)
From: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:21:13 -0700 (PDT)
With nothing better to do now that my starter is working again, out of
curiosity I took a look at my tire date code and it ends with xxx5520. I assume
this would be the 52nd week of (probably) 1990, right? Since the tires are
close to 16 years old, I assume it would be a wise move to replace them, no?
They are Firestone FR360 P175/70R13 and have lots of tread but also look washed
out. That is, the tires are not black on the sidewalls, but kinda greyish/dirty
looking. I've had the car less than 2 years and a couple of POs ago did some
resto work on it. I presume the tires were replaced back then.

Cameron
'71 GT6