Re: [TR] Caster

To: jimhearn1@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Caster
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:38:40 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/2006 8:13:01 PM Central Standard Time,
jimhearn1@comcast.net writes:
> Hi, how is caster adjusted on a TR6?  When trying to align my car, I
> have one front wheel ahead of the other slightly.  Jim

Normally caster is adjusted by the number of shims behind the fore and aft
lower A-arm attachments.Adding shims at the fore and/or removing them from the
aft will move the bottom of the wheel toward the rear of the car and reduce
caster.  If you find one wheel more foreward than the other after the caster is
set properly of both sides then you need to look at the upper A-arms and/or the
bushings.  It may also be a frame alignment issue.

Also note that adding or removing shims equally from both lower A-arm
attachment points will adjust camber with (practically) no effect on caster.

Reset tow-in after any caster or camber adjustment.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org