Re: [TR] Fuel Gauge

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Fuel Gauge
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:29:55 -0700
Terry Smith wrote:

>...I'll run it through the end of the week to see if at least the needle moves
>toward empty this time, and not toward full.

FWIW -- you can easily 'work' the sending unit with a length of copper
wire about 18" long with the end  bent into an 'ell'.  Inserted thru the
gas cap, it can be used to press down on the arm of the sender to
simulate a nearly empty tank or hooked under the arm of the sender to
lift it and simulate a nearly full tank.

That said, sounds like you'll be replacing the sender.  Yes, it can be
done w/o removing or moving the tank, just have to remove the seat back
for the occasional seat or whatever you have back there.

Geo H