[TR] TR4 Clutch Advice

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 Clutch Advice
From: "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:12:40 -0700
Having clutch problems, which had been prevalent in recent postings, I
experienced the same.  I recently ordered from Moss the repair kit for the
master clutch cylinder, but  the whole thing was worn out and had to replace
the master clutch cylinder. Everything works like fantastic.  Before hand not
sure exactly what the problem was I also ordered a slave cylinder.  Now, with
the master clutch cylinder working fine, should I replace the slave cylinder?
If the master clutch cylinder was worn out, wouldn't the slave cylinder, be a
problem shortly?  Should I go ahead and replace it as preventative maintanence
or use the philosophy of sorts - if it aint broke don't fix it.

===     http://www.vtr.org