Re: [TR] TR4 Clutch Advice

To: timipurdy@citlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Clutch Advice
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 08:35:43 EDT
In a message dated 8/30/2006 11:17:03 PM Central Standard Time,
timipurdy@citlink.net writes:
> Having clutch problems, which had been prevalent in recent postings, I
> experienced the same.  I recently ordered from Moss the repair kit for the
> master clutch cylinder, but  the whole thing was worn out and had to replace
> the master clutch cylinder. Everything works like fantastic.  Before hand
> not
> sure exactly what the problem was I also ordered a slave cylinder.  Now,
> with
> the master clutch cylinder working fine, should I replace the slave
> cylinder?
> If the master clutch cylinder was worn out, wouldn't the slave cylinder, be
> problem shortly?  Should I go ahead and replace it as preventative
> maintanence
> or use the philosophy of sorts - if it aint broke don't fix it.

Depends on the history.  If the whole system is untouched all these years
then I would definitely change or at least rebuild both cylinders and replace
the
hose.  They have all lasted longer than one should expect.

Also look at the brakes.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org