RE: [TR] TR3A Overdrive Problem

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A Overdrive Problem
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 19:24:45 -0700
Randall babbled :

> >as to how much ball movement you should see ... IMO it should be at least
> >1/32"
> >(.016" or 0.8mm) for reliable operation.  Supposedly the Healey shop manual
> >specifies 1/32" to 1/16", which sounds good to me.

John Herrera replied :

> I thought that 1/32" was about .031".

Well, of course it is !  I blame the new meds, feel like my head is stuffed with
cotton.

Please amend the above paragraph to read "IMO it should be at least 1/64" (.016"
or 0.8mm) for reliable operation.  Supposedly the Healey shop manual says
1/32" - 1/16" which should work fine as well."

The Healey shop manual numbers were reported by Del Border in an article that
used to be on the Team.Net server, but doesn't appear to be there now.  Also
repeated by Nelson Riedel in his A-type OD series (quoting the same source).

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org