RE: [TR] I believe carburetor issues

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] I believe carburetor issues
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:53:53 -0800
> The timing may have shifted on you.  If you are running
> points the points may
> be working their way closed because the screw is too loose.

Just a side comment; not lubricating the point cam can cause a similar
problem.  The points close up because the rubbing block wears away quickly.

When I learned this lesson the hard way, the (non-Triumph) engine wouldn't
idle less than 1000 miles after putting in new points.  Regapped them on the
side of the road, the gap was noticeably reduced by the time I got home.
Just a tiny smear of grease solved the problem.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org