Re: [TR] I believe carburetor issues

To: twakeman@razzolink.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] I believe carburetor issues
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:43:53 EST
I am coming into this late, but, if I am reading this correctly you are
complaining of poor idle quality and fast idle that won't settle down.  I  will
bet that in addition to all this your idle "hunts" and your tach needle  goes
up
and down a little as it idles.  Look for a vacuum leak.  When  your carb
sucks air from someplace it is not supposed to your idle  suffers.  As I said I
am
late into this, but if you are running Z-S carbs  your bypass valves, and/or
throttle shaft bushes are the likely culprit.   Open the carbs and inspect the
diaphragms for wear/tears.  They must be in  pristine condition for the carbs
to work properly.  All of this is assuming  that you have good ignition parts
in your distributor, and your dwell/gap  is set properly.

===     http://www.vtr.org