Re: [TR] TR 3A Interior Question

To: DLylis@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] TR 3A Interior Question
From: jar@aldermanroad.net
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 23:54:55 -0500
There was no "standard."  One could order them in a very wide variety of
upholstery colors and piping colors.  But that meant that you would wait
for the car to go through the assembly line; get organized for shipment,
get it shipped, delivered, and dealer prepped.  Then you could pick it
up.  How many ever wanted to wait the 3 to 6 months for all that?

What happened was that the US dealers ordered cars outfitted according
to how they perceived that they would best sell.  The most common color
for the pipings was white, since white could go with any other color.
The interior colors generally matched the exterior: black cars with
black or red interiors with white piping; pale (powder blue) with pale
blue interior and white piping; primrose with black interiors; red cars
with black or red interiors, etc.  White cars could appear with almost
any color: powder blue, red, white, black, all with white piping.  Mine
was black with a black leather interior and white piping.

However, that being said, I do believe that I may have actually seen a
car with a black interior with red piping.  Pretty snazzy.  Likely a
special order.

I could dig out the old parts catalog supplied to the parts departments
of the dealers and find the listings of all the colors offered.  Real
founding members of the Rainbow Coilition...

Cheers.