[TR] re : TR4 Turn Signal Lever

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] re : TR4 Turn Signal Lever
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 21:44:28 EST
Geo,
My TR4 directional switch came on the left nacelle. I have installed a nos
TR4 OD switch on right side. Up is off and down is on with this setup.
I believe that is correct and have revised my TR4 owner's manual to reflect
that.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

Is the lever for a LHD TR4 turn signal supposed to be on the right or
left side of the steering column/nacelle?
Mine is on the left and the Moss catalog seems to show it that way too.
Also, the decal Moss supplies for a LHD nacelle only makes sense when
mounted on the left... yet the TR4 owners manual says that the overdrive
switch is on the outboard side and thus pictures the turn signal lever
on the right and the overdrive on the left for a LHD car.
Just as easy to put it either way... might as well try to get it right.
Thanks!
Geo

===     http://www.vtr.org