Re: [TR] Leaf springs and dampers

To: diggle@clear.net.nz, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Leaf springs and dampers
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:42:27 EST
In a message dated 12/6/2006 2:17:05 AM Central Standard Time,
diggle@clear.net.nz writes:
> I am getting my leaf spring retensioned.
> How do I test the lever arms?

The easiest thing to check is the fluid level.  Remove plug on top and have a
look.

> Also the front leaf spring silent block bush seems to be stuck on the
> chassis
> bolt, I assume that I need some type of puller?

That is normally a close clearance fit and if it is stuck it is probably due
to rust.  I broke mine loose by a combination of a soft face hammer (Lead) and
a pipe wrench.  But then maybe I got lucky.

I suggest copious amounts of antisieze upon reassembly.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org