Re: [TR] Re: Convert a TR4A to TR6 braking system- Parts

To: dkspence@telus.net, Triumphs@Autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: Convert a TR4A to TR6 braking system- Parts
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 14:06:58 EST
In a message dated 12/6/2006 12:23:36 PM Central Standard Time,
dkspence@telus.net writes:
> I'm collecting the bits to convert my 4A to TR6 braking system. I
> want the additional safety of a dual circuit system.  What parts do I
> need to gather from the TR6?
>
> Any major problems in doing this?

The biggest ordeal in my mind is cutting the large hole in the firewall for
the booster mounting.  But easily done with a few hand powertools.

I would replace the pedal box, master cylinder (duh!), the wheel cylinders
(they are probably the same but I would verify it first) and all the tubing.
That includes adding the PDWA.  If you wanted to do your own custom lines you
could skip that but it may be easier to piggyback on the factory's handiwork.
If the TR6 calipers will mount to the TR4 vertical links I would go with them,
too.

I guess you could tap into the PCV valve connection for the vacuum or you can
drill and tap a new hole in the intake and install a barb fitting.

In its day the TR6 was known for having pretty good brakes.  I've been
impressed by their abilities on occasion.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org