Re: [TR] Sandblast cabinet opinions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Sandblast cabinet opinions
From: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@ispwest.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 13:49:40 -0500
Kind of an apples vs oranges comparison.  One's a little bench top unit, the
other is several times larger and free standing.

Top loading is a pain imo.  It also limits you a good bit on some creative
measures for stuffing something too large into the unit.  You know harbor
freight has a side loader of comparable size and price, right?

If all I was doing was suspension pieces, I'd probably buy one of those $14
mini-blasters and work outside on a tarp.  Especially since you can clean
most of those pieces with a wire wheel.

That little bench top unit will do most everything on the car.  It's only
when you're working on bumpers and wheels and such that you can't use it.
If you're never going that large, you don't need a large cabinet.  And
that's also usually when you want one that side loads so you can work the
bumper through from one end to the other.