RE: [TR] Re: Wood dash in TR

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Re: Wood dash in TR
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:11:10 -0500
>What ALWAYS worked a treat for me was a hot air gun,
>applied at the correct heat and distance, the very thick coating just
>lifted away from the timber, then with a broad thin wallpaper
>stripper or filling knife it lifts away dry.

I've refinished more antique furniture than I care to recall, and what I've
used to follow up a heat gun was medium then fine steel wool doused in
de-natured alcohol.  Wear rubber gloves.

Alas, be forewarned:  Stripping sometimes leads to streaking, so keep your
eyes peeled....

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A TS 58667
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org