Re: [TR] TR6 stumbling at low rpm

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 stumbling at low rpm
From: "Stephen Sandberg" <Ssandberg@MEDIATECH-INC.COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:16:21 -0500
does this test work if I do not have to pass emissions or is the shape
of the needle on post 1968 cars different such that this test does not
work?

>>> <Dave1massey@cs.com> 12/22/2006 10:05:09 AM >>>
In a message dated 12/21/2006 11:48:24 PM Central Standard Time,
tom628@verizon.net writes:
> >Bud:  When you adjusted the idle mix to get it smooth, did you
actually
> raise the air valves slightly to verify that the mixture was in the
right
> range?
> Also, a few months ago I had a (new,IIRC) condenser that apparently
was
> faulty and giving similar symptoms. Replaced it and all was OK
again.

This is not a valid evaluation of mixture on a TR6 or any Emissions
tuned
LBC.  This only works on pre-emissions TR's because the needles were
designed to
do this.  This requires a slightly rich mixture at idle which will not
pass
the emissions requirements imposed by the US in 1968.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org

===     http://www.vtr.org