Re: [TR] TR6 stumbling at low rpm

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 stumbling at low rpm
From: aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:29:56 -0500
Wow! No wonder mechanics cost so much. I got seven possible causes for my
symptons. I'll check each in turn, then drive the car before moving to the next.

Timing- I have it set at 6 BTDC without the advance and with RPM at 1200. I
will check static timing again, as a point of reference.

Dizzy Cap - It's new, and looks OK, but I will but the old one back on and try
again.

Point Gaps - I will check that again, too. I have a Petronix, not yet
installed. I wanted to get it running as well as possible before putting in on.

Diaphrams - Those are new and I have checked them a couple of times, just to
make sure they're OK.

Damper Oil - I am using 30 weight, which I would think would damper more than
Marvel, but I think I'll try that, too. I used to run that in a Spitfire and
had good results.

Valve Cover not Sealed - I did not check for vacuum leak there. I have an alloy
cover and its down pretty tight. I'll check it, though.

Flooding instead of too lean - Possible, but I had to adjust the needles fully
rich to get it to as smooth an idle as I could. That's why I am still thinking
too lean. I will check the floats last, because I don't want to pull the carbs
unless I really have to.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll let the list know what I find.

Bud

AOL Mail and more.

===     http://www.vtr.org