[TR] TR6 manifold gasket

To: "'TR'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR6 manifold gasket
From: "Paul Mitchell" <paul@cynthesys.co.za>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:44:29 +0200
Not sure if that's the right term, but I have an exhaust noise, traced to a
dodgy gasket, which I am now replacing. In the process, I am cleaning up the
inlet manifold, which is quite satisfying, albeit long & dirty. I have now
got to the point where I remove the gasket, and the easiest way seems to be
to take out the 6 long studs so that I don't have to undo the inaccessible
bolts connecting the exhaust manifold to the rest of the exhaust. I now have
a nut stuck on a stud, having tightened 2 together to remove the stud. The
inner nut moves freely, but the outer one is stuck. Any ideas? The stud is
out.

Supplementary question: is there anything else I should check / fix /
replace while I am here?

Thanks, and happy Christmas

Paul
74 TR6PI, Cape Town