[TR] oil breakdown

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] oil breakdown
From: <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:16:54 -0500 (EST)
Randall commented:
> a really badly worn TR3A engine...would tear up the
> viscosity improver in the oil in less than 1000 miles...
> Didn't even burn much oil, although I've no idea why not.

If your float bowls or the fule pump were leaking gasoline into the sump it
would thin the oil quickly.  As the oil burned and gasoline took its place it
might appear not to be burning oil.

It's just a thought.  Did you notice any gas smell on the dipstick, I wonder?
--
Jim Muller

===     http://www.vtr.org