RE: [TR] Question about pulling an engine

To: <banjonut@verizon.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Question about pulling an engine
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:06:39 -0800
> It seems pretty straightforward, but since
> I don't have those "lifting eyes" on my engine I'm not sure where to hook up
> the chains.  I'm thinking maybe I can go under a couple of head nuts (with
> some washers), but I don't know if the studs are long enough for that.

That's what I've been doing for years, works fine for me.

I don't recall offhand just when the factory started leaving the lifting eyes on
the engines, but earlier cars did not come with them.

>  Is
> there another good place to bolt the chains...like maybe under some rocker
> assy bolts, or is that a no-no?

The threads in the head are probably strong enough, but the studs will bend.
You'll need to supply a bolt.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org