Re: [TR] TR3 Color Codes

To: Alexander Delis <ols@bcdef.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Color Codes
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 07:24:08 -0500
On Monday 25 December 2006 07:55 pm, Alexander Delis wrote:
> Listers
>
> It is finally time to have my 1958 TR3 painted.  I ordered a Heritage
> certificate and found that the oriinal color of my car was Primrose
> (it is white now).
>
> The guy painting the car needs the paint code for the color.  I have
> looked at the VTR site and  Googled this and can find several paint
> chip scans, but no paint codes.
>
> The only actual codes I've ben able to find are for Triumph motorcycles.
>
> Know the differences between monitors, scanners, software etc, I
> really don't want to order paint fron a scanned chip.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> TIA
>
> Alex

Alex,

If you are looking for the primrose yellow or the pale yellow I did my TR3A in
a Mazda yellow a few years back. The yellow is called midnight yellow and is
a dead ringer for the pale yellow circa 58 - 62. The formula was mixed for
single stage DCC acrilyc enamel. (SP?).

It is getting real hard for the paint shops to convert the old codes into the
new paint mixtures. It took PPG about a week to research, locate the formula
for Spa White in DCC for my TR4 project.

I can supply you with a photo if you like and the formula off the can.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org