[TR] TR3 Saves Little Girl's Life

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 Saves Little Girl's Life
From: William Brewer <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 18:48:03 -0800
      I am selling a TR3 radiator on Ebay that once belonged to a
friend of mine that passed away in October. Reflecting back on him, I
wanted to relate a story.

      In 2001 my father in-law Jack played tennis with a guy named BG
Stewart that showed up in a TR3. Jack put us in touch because I also
have a TR3 and I invited BG to my British car club meeting. A couple
of meetings later, I had my kids with me and my middle daughter (aged
4) began choking, collapsed and quit breathing. I forgot everything I
ever learned in CPR courses  and couldn't revive her. BG calmly got
up and heimliched her so hard that I thought that she might have
killed her. Out popped a blood covered quarter that I had given her
to play a video game after the meeting. BG, as it turned out, was a
physician. Lord know what would have happened if he had not have been
there.

      BG owned or restored 30+ vintage cars including Morgans, TRs,
MG's, Alpha's, Mercedes and others. He raced against James Dean in
the 50's.
      Anyway, BG was the right man at the right time for my daughter
and me. His son sold me his vertical mill and I'll always remember
what he meant to me whenever I look at or use it.
      I am glad that he restored a TR3 that time and not a Model A
Ford or something. Providence shone through on my behalf.

      Bill Brewer
      1960 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org