Re: [TR] Brake master cylinder rebuild question #2

To: bahodge80@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Brake master cylinder rebuild question #2
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 21:33:39 EST
In a message dated 12/29/2006 5:19:45 PM Central Standard Time,
bahodge80@yahoo.com writes:
>     Hi all thanks for all the help with my tipping valve  problem.
>       Next problem is now that I have removed the tipping valve I can
> remove the first of the plunger assemblys but cannot get the second one out
>of
> the master cylinder.
>       Any suggestions on how to get that second assembly out would  be
> highly appreciated.

Sometimes it can be persuaded out but inverting the cylinder and wrapping it
on a wooden workbench.  Use the inertia effect.

Another technique that may work is to apply compressed air to the outlet
port.  You may have to block off the port to the reservoir so the pressure
won't
escape.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org