RE: [TR] Fuel tank arghhh!

To: jgillis@tcd.ie, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Fuel tank arghhh!
From: "David Gunn" <ccgunn1010@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:57:21 -0800
Hi John - I shortened the rubber hose so that I could slide it up the filler
extension to clear the placement of the tank.  After the tank was in place,
I then slid the rubber hose down and fastened the clamps.  Because the gap
between the filler extension and the neck of the tank is so small, it
doesn't much hose to make the connection.

David Gunn
1954 TR2 TS3388L
Chico, CA

>From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: [TR] Fuel tank arghhh!
>Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:43:02 +0000
>
>Ok I give up, what is the secret of fitting the petrol tank?. When I put
>everything in position, the extension filler, the tank, but without the
>rubber
>hose that joins the two, the gap between the extension and the neck of the
>tank
>is about an 1/8". If I fit the hose to one or the other before fitting I
>can
>see
>no way of manipulating the hose into position on the other, if you follow.
>Could
>someone tell me the order of this job, and is it as difficult as it looks?.
>could always cut off the rear deck, fit the extension and lower the whole
>lot
>back in position  : )
>Thanks as always in advance
>John