RE: [TR] Motor rebuild?

To: "Harold Sawatsky" <hsawatsk@sasktel.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Motor rebuild?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:10:35 -0800
> The question is what should I do with the engine before I put it back
> together and drop it in? Still on the engine stand.

Guess it depends to some extent on whether you're willing to take a chance on
needing to pull it again.

Things I would do :

Change front crank seal (they get hard with time)
change fuel pump diaphragm (original diaphragms will not stand up to modern
fuel)
Test (or replace) thermostat
Have radiator checked professionally.
Lubricate everything (like the distributor & generator)
Replace all the seals in the carbs, plus the springs for the choke & jet glands.

Otherwise, if you're sure it wasn't "tired" when you pulled it (funny how our
standards can change over the years), just put it back in.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org