RE: [TR] Anal retentives and Trailer Queens addition

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>, <Lbc.Resto@comcast.net>, <trmarty@glwb.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Anal retentives and Trailer Queens addition
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:07:07 -0500
Like many of you, my car is far from a trailer queen or award winner.  I do
aspire to get it in much better condition though.  While reading the many
of these cars.  In the intervening years since these cars were used as daily
transportation something has happened.  That something is the passing of
time.

When we were in our twenties and used these cars as daily transport we did
so because we loved driving this type of car.  We also did so because we
probably didn't have another car or perhaps even a garage to keep it in.
Generally speaking we have acquired a few things along the way as years have
passed... wives, houses, kids, and probably a little more money than we had
back then.  We've also lost a thing or two... that being both the passage of
time and the shrinkage of free time to work on our cars.  Those of you have
young kids know what I'm talking about, and those of you who have
successfully banished the kids from the house after raising them are who I
look up to and anxiously await that time in my life when I too can tinker in
the garage without the constant interruptions from the little ones.

I still like to do as much of the work as I'm capable (or maybe not) of
performing or learning to do, but there are definitely some things I will
never undertake because I either don't possess the tools, knowledge or
experience to do it right.  So, I'll admit to occasionally farming out some
things to experienced professionals so that I don't make an attempt then
have to pay anyway to get it fixed anyway.

I don't own a trailer, but if I did have the money, space, and even the tow
vehicle I might like one since it would make it more feasible to travel to
venues that are farther away.  I do believe in driving the cars though, no
matter how ratty or perfect they are, since I think that is the fundamental
reason that we own these cars.  If you can't use a car then what's the
point?

Btw, any of you with a welder can feel free to come on down as I believe the
rear differential mount on my TR6 needs a little attention.

R. Ashford Little II
'70 TR6, 73.5 911

===     http://www.vtr.org