Re: [TR] TR: suggestions for refinishing exhaust manifold

To: one_second_zero@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR: suggestions for refinishing exhaust manifold
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:42:31 EST
In a message dated 2/5/2007 4:57:54 PM Central Standard Time,
one_second_zero@yahoo.com writes:
>   What is the best method to restore/refinish a stock OEM TR6 exhaust
> manifold that has 30+ years of suface rust and pitting?  Its from a 76 TR6
>and I'd
> like it to look new again and stay that way for a long time.

Ceramic coat.  I had my TR4 manifold ceramic coated.  It was sandblasted and
then coated black (other colors available) which, I am assured, will stay that
way for a long time.  And added benefit is this ceramic treatment will act as
a thermal insulator and keep underhood temperatures down.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org