RE: [TR] TR: suggestions for refinishing exhaust manifold

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR: suggestions for refinishing exhaust manifold
From: "Terry R Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 19:27:08 -0500
>   What is the best method to restore/refinish a stock OEM TR6 exhaust
> manifold that has 30+ years of suface rust and pitting?  Its from a 76 TR6
>and I'd > like it to look new again and stay that way for a long time.

Alternatively, I wire brushed the 45 year old exhaust manifold from my '59
TR3A restoration, sprayed liberally with Simple Green, rinsed, sprayed
liberally with phosphoric acid, rinsed, rinsed some more, dried, and painted
it (and the entire new exhaust system from TRF) black with ceramic based
high temperature paint.  It's been two years, driven for one season, and all
still look great.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A (TS 58667)
New Hampshire, where it is so cold today I cannot remember top down weather.

===     http://www.vtr.org