Re: [TR] TR6 throw out bearing squeal

To: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 throw out bearing squeal
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@shoalsbritishcars.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 14:40:02 -0600
Brian,

Is it possible the transmission bolts that bolt the bellhousing to the
engine were loose at some point in time, causing the elongated holes?

I suspect the worn input shaft bearing was caused by misalignment of the
transmission and engine; and the misalignment was caused by the elongated
bellhousing bolt holes.

Terry Geiger
'74 Triumph TR6 | '63 Triumph Herald | '70 MGBGT | '84 Mercedes 300D Turbo
Diesel
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org/