Re: [TR] Planned obsolescence

To: standardtriumph@btinternet.com, dorpaul@negia.net,
Subject: Re: [TR] Planned obsolescence
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:32:55 EST
I was around and of driving age in the 60's in the Northeast and a 10 year
old car was an old car in those days.  I had a '51 Plymouth which was a
"rusted clunker" in '63, helped a friend bring back a rusty broken down '52
Ford  in
'62 - '63, etc., etc.  A car of that age today is a '97!   Automotive
engineering and materials were nowhere near where they are  today.  I think we
have
to be careful on looking back from today's  perspective and speculating on the
mind set of the car manufacturers.  They  were producing as good a product as
they knew how for the money, technology, and  materials available.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO

===     http://www.vtr.org