Re: [TR] TR4 Inside Mirror

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Inside Mirror
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:33:06 -0500
On 14 Feb 2007 at 18:14, Geo & Kathleen Hahn wrote:

> On the TR4 (on mine anyway) the inside rearview mirror is convex,
> at least convex in the horizontal plane...
> Is this the same mirror that was in Sptifires and others?

Neither my Spitfire nor the GT6 are like that.  Their mirrors are
similar, with the same mount IIRC and same basic shape, the
differences probably due to their respective ages.

> I spoke with TRF about their replacement mirrors but...
> they doubted what I was saying.

I'd probably doubt it too.  I've never seen a factory-installed
inside mirror like that.  Which isn't to say there weren't none, only
that I've never seen one.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com