Re: [TR] TR4 Inside Mirror

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Inside Mirror
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:57:33 -0700
Geo & Kathleen Hahn wrote:

> On the TR4 (on mine anyway) the inside rearview mirror is convex, at
> least convex in the horizontal plane.  Cars behind me look normal
> height but skinny... in other words, 'objects in mirror are wider than
> they appear'. ...
> I ask because mine is a bit tatty but I like the wider field of view
> it provides and would want any replacment to have the same.

Geo, years ago I installed what I recall was a TR6 rear view mirror on
my TR4. I was commuting back and forth from downtown Denver. It provides
a way better field of view, and has a breakaway feature that my boys
have tested while playing in the car.

FWIW the mirror in my car when I bought it is, if not original, old
enough to be. It is labeled "WINGARD" and "MADE IN ENGLAND" on the
bottom of the mounting bit, and reads "Pat. No. 662246" on the bottom of
the housing around the mirror. It has a little tab at the bottom which
can tilt the mirror face. It's not big, 5" x 2 3/8".

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2

===     http://www.vtr.org