[TR] Garage Do's and Don'ts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Garage Do's and Don'ts
From: banc8004@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:57:43 +0000
A very good friend up in Bucks County, PA built himself last year a 40x30
garage - single handed (well, with his teenage son). He used Pole Barn as a
construction method (at least I think thats what he told me). This is a
two-story building. The ground floor ceiling height is 13', accommodating his
lift and a back hoe. Upstairs is a little less (8' or 9', I think). He could
not get planning permission for a pit.

He wishes he'd put a bathroom in when he built it.

>From my comparatively meagre 20'x20' double garage, let me suggest this: a pc
>with internet access. I had a spare PC in my basement. When working on my TR4,
>I was frequently having to clean up, head into the house, look something up on
>the web, print it out, head back outside....repeat as required.

I brought the PC back to life (with wireless Internet access) in the garage and
its been really great. Between the PC, and a shelf of TR4 books (Bently et al),
and beer to hand, I'm pretty self-sufficient. Not tramping muck into the house
every 30 minutes helps a lot...harmony is a wonderful thing, and it saves time.
Your own garange-bathroom would fit this theory too.

Oh: my friend did something interesting to heat his fabulous garage, aimed at
getting it warm quickly, when he wanted to use it. Let me get him to remind him
what his solution was.

Cheers,

Brian in Valley Forge
1963 TR4