Re: [TR] Opinions on air compressor

To: "sherman" <cm.sherman@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Opinions on air compressor
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 07:45:42 -0400
On Friday 04 May 2007 07:13 am, sherman wrote:
> Still looking was considering model 18419 Craftsman Professional 60 gal.
> Air Compressor, 3.2 hp, Vertical Tank, Oil lube Pump.
>

> C Sherman
>
> HYPERLINK "mailto:cm.sherman@verizon.net"cm.sherman@verizon.net

Sherm,

Is this a 220 or 110? The HP rating seems a bit low if you want to use this
for sand blasting or sanding etc.

I went with a 7hp Cobalt from Lowes and it really puts out the air for the
blaster and all the body work tools, in line sander, grinders etc. And when I
paint at 30 psi, the compressor only comes on once or twice during the whole
session.

The cobalt was somewhere between 600 and 700 bucks if I recall. Vertical 60
gal tank. ANd it is a 220 not 110. I believe 110 cannot produce the hp needed
for high air flow at 90 + psi.

All the sears models seemed to be a bit low on the cubic feet per min at 90 +
psi for use in a blaster or similar air requirement.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org