[TR] Brake Rebuild Questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Brake Rebuild Questions
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 12:44:42 -0400
My car has sat for the past 3 days and when I went to back it out of the
garage, the pedal went to the floor. I checked the reservoir and it's just
about empty. It's all wet right below where the Master Cylinder attaches to
the Servo. So I'm guessing it's time to rebuild them. In looking through the
Moss and TRF catalogs, there seems to be a variety of kits, minor and major,
available. Adding to my confusion is a statement in the TRF catalog:
"Neither master cylinders nor servos rebuild very well". So what's really
needed to do a rebuild of the Servo and Cylinder? How successful is a
rebuild given TRF's comment? Are there any special tools needed? Is this a
job best left up to a brake shop to do?

Just when I thought I was ready for the driving season, this happens!

Bob

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection